Blackmore Vale Deanery has a link with the Diocese of Lui, in South Sudan. This is part of the Diocese of Salisbury’s 40-year-long partnership with the Episcopal Church of South Sudan and Sudan.
Since it started in 2009, this link has involved:
Visits and Communication
- 5 groups have visited Lui from Blackmore Vale
- a week’s visit to UK by Rt Rev Stephen Dokolo, Bishop of Lui
- meetings with people from Lui Diocese who’ve travelled to UK or other countries
- ongoing contact with the Bishop of Lui by email and phone
Fundraising and Giving
Funds have been raised by Blackmore Vale and taken/sent to Lui Diocese for:
- educational materials for primary school
- teacher training
- motorcycles and bicycles for clergy and MU leaders
- humanitarian aid for displaced people
Passing on Skills
We’ve delivered three short training programmes for pre-school leaders, as well as made contributions to clergy, youth leader, sunday school leader and Mothers’ Union education and training.
An important part of the link and something we can all do is to pray for the needs of people in Lui and to know that they pray for us.